Akiba Vicoba Account
We think that each VICOBA member is a valued individual within the group and that means their welfare is just as important. We have designed this one-of-a-kind account for the purpose of allowing individual members to save and also have direct access to other banking benefits we offer.
You must be 18 years old or older to open this account and while you don’t need a minimum opening balance we have set the minimum operating balance at a mere TZS 20,000. Your interest-bearing balance is TZS50,000 with a rate of 3.5% which is accrued monthly but paid annually.
Upon opening the account you will be issued with an UmojaSwitch ATM card for which you will be charged TZS 9,000. There are no charges for over the counter withdrawals while you will be charged only TZS1,300 for ATM withdrawals.
WHY IS THIS ACCOUNT THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU?
- Free transfers between group and individual accounts
- No monthly fees
- Free balance inquiries over the counter
- Easy access to Akiba Mobile service and UmojaSwitch ATMs
WHAT YOU NEED TO OPEN IT
- Letter of introduction from your VICOBA group like UYACODE, CEVEDE, PHILETAJO etc.
- Letter of introduction from your local government
- Two passport size photographs
- Identity card such as national ID/driving licence/voter registration card/ passport
For further information please visit an ACB branch near you or call 2118340-43